1. Nearly about 1.7 billion people have active accounts on social media sites.
2. Social media stands third as news source at 28% after television and newspaper. It’s followed by radio at 19% and other print media at 6%.
3. Approximately 46% of web users prefer social media while purchasing anything.
4. Each day around 70 million photos and videos are uploaded to Instagram.
5. Food is the most searchable category on Pinterest as 57% of users discuss about food-related topics.
6. Now there are over 3 billion lively Internet users (45% of the world’s internet users).
7. Only 18% of customers trust ads by companies on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
8. 45% of users feel uncomfortable when email and Facebook are difficult to access.
9. 90% of business organizations declare that they use social media to take action to customer complaints or inquiry – however 58% of consumers tweeted that they had never received an answer from the offending organization.
10. When the companies respond to customers, the average response time of a company on Twitter to user inquiry or a complaint is 9 hrs.
11. 82% of hyper development SMBs declares that social media is helpful for generating new leads.
12. Until now 93% of users’ buying decisions are influenced by social media because 90% trust peer recommendations. But only 14% believe in advertisements.
13. Although 78% of organizations now have a committed social media team but only 26% combine social media fully with business strategies.